- Detta evenemang har redan ägt rum.
Webinar: Winter Cycling – maintenance and mobility management for year-round cycling
januari 15 @ 13:00 - 14:30
A webinar on winter cycling and its potential for improving public health as well as strategies to make year-round cycling more attractive and accessible in Central Baltic winters.
The webinar will cover: public health benefits of year-round active commuting by bicycle; experiences and results of two different sweep-salting initiatives in Finland and Sweden; and key learnings from a research project in Northern Sweden on how to promote children’s active school transports by bicycle in the wintertime, and how this initiative is now being scaled up and implemented in several different municipalities. We will conclude with a brief discussion and time for questions.
Date and time: 15 January, 2020 at 13.00-14.20 (UTC+1)
• Public health and year-round active commuting: Peter Schantz, The Swedish School of Sports and Health Sciences
• Two years of sweep-salting in Turku – a pilot for improved winter cycling: Juha Jokela, City of Turku
• Developing a sweep-salting maintenance manual – a collaboration between Karlstad municipality and the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI): Anna Niska, VTI
• Active school transports in winter conditions – getting kids excited about biking and scaling up mobility management interventions in schools: Anna-Karin Lindqvist, Luleå University of Technology
• Questions and discussion
The Webinar is organized by HEAT – Participatory Urban Planning for Healthier Urban Communities.
The HEAT–project is about participatory urban planning for healthier urban communities in Estonia, Finland, Latvia, and Sweden. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the planning of healthier, more active and inclusive urban areas in Central Baltic region, in which biking is a safe, popular, and acceptable mode of transport.
Webinar is arranged with Skype for Business
The webinar is brought to you with Skype for Business. If you don’t have the programme installed on your computer you can participate via the Skype For Business Web App. Using the Web App requires installing an extension – please check with your IT department that extensions are allowed on your computer.
N.B.! Some problems may be experienced in joining the webinar when using the Google Chrome browser. To avoid any problems we recommend using another browser.